Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlm3
Visitor

How to open YouTube Roku Channel and Playlist from My Roku Channel?

Hello Roku Community!

I am new to BrightScript with a little knowledge in HTML, however I'm trying to create my own simple Roku Channel for educational purposes, with some text and a submit button to open the Official YouTube Roku Channel so that it immediately goes to my YouTube playlist of my own videos after opening my Roku Channel.

Basically a redirect to my YouTube playlist using a self created Roku Channel and the official YouTube Roku Channel.
So that when someone opens my channel it redirects and goes to the official YouTube Roku Channel and then goes directly to my YouTube playlist.
All that I know how to program in BrightScript is ....
sub Main()
end sub

but what code would I need to put within the "sub Main() and end sub" code above? (in the Main.brs file)
I've searched and searched and could not really find the answers so I decided to ask here on the developer forum.

I would much appreciate if I could get help on this by someone.

PS. Also from research I discovered on Roku's developer guide a post on Deep Linking, but it was talking about ads, and I don't want to make an ad, just basically a redirect to open the Official YouTube Roku Channel and go to my YouTube playlist via some sort of link.
Thanks again people!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
coldrain
Binge Watcher

Re: How to open YouTube Roku Channel and Playlist from My Roku Channel?

To my understanding, you are not allowed to link to another channel
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

I believe coldrain is correct
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

Not 100% true, we can call YouTube channel from our channels, the issue is that our channel will be closed, so in my case I'm showing a dialog box informing that and asking for confirmation.

Check on the link below how to deeplink to YouTube:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... be#p554635
0 Kudos
carlm3
Visitor

"coldrain" wrote:
To my understanding, you are not allowed to link to another channel

Thank You coldrain
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"marcelo.cabral" wrote:
Not 100% true, we can call YouTube channel from our channels, the issue is that our channel will be closed, so in my case I'm showing a dialog box informing that and asking for confirmation.

Check on the link below how to deeplink to YouTube:
https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... be#p554635

Ok let me correct myself, technically is possible but the Roku policies do not allow that in a channel published on their store.
0 Kudos