Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
latv
Visitor

How to insert roku certificate ?

i cant get the certificate (i am using the cacert.pem from the SDK package) to work.
i am using IIS7 on my web server and the following is the brightscript code i use in my application:
obj = CreateObject("roUrlTransfer")
obj.SetPort(CreateObject("roMessagePort"))
obj.SetUrl(url)
obj.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
obj.EnableEncodings(true)
obj.SetCertificatesFile("pkg:/cert/cacert.pem")
obj.AddHeader("X-Roku-Reserved-Dev-Id", "")
obj.InitClientCertificates()

please advice in detail what steps should i do in order to insert the certificate on the web server and where do i get the developer ID?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
latv
Visitor

Re: How to insert roku certificate ?

Hi,

i still have problems with the cacert certificate in order to secure the request/response of roku and my web server.
Your web server can authenticate that the requested connection is from a Roku Streaming Player and that the request is from your application by taking the following actions:
1) Add the Roku CA certificate to the web server’s certificate authorities keychain. The Roku CA certificate is available in the SDK distribution package, in certs/cacert.pem
2) Configure your web server to reject any connection that does not have a valid client certificate.
3) Check the X-Roku-Reserved-Dev-Id header in the request. It should contain the Developer ID of your application. If it does not, another application on the Roku is attempting to access the server, so the request should be rejected.

my question is about action 1 and 3:
1. How to add the roku certificate to the web server that running IIS? (the cacert doesnt have any private key)
3. What is developer ID of the application? how do i find out what is my developer ID?

i Appreciate any help
thanks.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to insert roku certificate ?

The developer ID is given when you run genkey.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos