Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

How to handle press = "<uninitialized>" in Parent Node?

I added an RSG component inside an SGDex view. and tried to manage RSG Component key handler in SGDex View. So, I added one line in the RSG Component key handler "handler = false" in whatever key I required EX: "options" key. So, handler Automatically transfers to a parent component. But, I set RSG Component key handler like below.

if key = "options" then
     handled = false 
end if

and Inside an SGDex View key handler, I'm getting press = "<uninitialized>". Does anyone know how to handle this (press = "<uninitialized>").

I tried with the same thing and added RSG Component inside an RSG Component. It's working fine. I set child RSG Component key handler "options" key "handled = false". it's successfully transferred child key handler to parent RSG Component key handler. And Parent RSG Component key handler return press value = "true" For options key.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: How to handle press = "<uninitialized>" in Parent Node?

Any Solution for this issue.

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

if you are handling keypress in 

onKeyEvent()

then press should be boolean 

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/references/scenegraph/component-functions/onkeyevent.md

returning true or false will determine if your parent will also catch the onKeyEvent()

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

@necrotek wrote:

if you are handling keypress in 

onKeyEvent()

then press should be boolean 

https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/references/scenegraph/component-functions/onkeyevent.md

returning true or false will determine if your parent will also catch the onKeyEvent()

I know that the onKeyEvent() returning true or false And I also know the parent will also catch the onKeyEvent(). But, I not facing this problem with RSG Component. this problem only Facing with the SGDex View. I tried to catch onKeyEvent() value in Parent. But, Here, I found <uninitialized> press value. I transferred the key both ways. Using a return false in the child node and Without value set Automatic transferred. But, Both the way I getting the <uninitialized> press value. I don't know how to handle it <uninitialized> value in Roku.

0 Kudos