Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbenditt
Binge Watcher

How to check if viewer is a subscriber?

I've got a channel that used to be a free channel but then it was converted over to a subscription channel. In doing so, all previous viewers still get the channel free and new sign-ups are paid subscribers. Note that the subscription is not an in-app purchase, but rather the channel is set as a monthly subscription from within the developer console.

So the question is... Is there a way to tell, in the app, whether a viewer is a subscriber or a grandfathered-in free viewer? The reason that I want to know is for metrics purposes. I know that there is a ifChannelStore.GetPurchases() method but what I don't know is if this is applicable to subscriptions that are not in-app purchases. Also, if I use this function to successfully return purchase information, will I run into channel certification issues since my app does not use in-app purchases?

Thanks,

Ron

0 Kudos