Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitkaushik
Visitor

How to Create a custom screen for Audio

Hi ,
I want to create a custom screen for audio player, so that i can add some extra features on the screen,
like default Audio screen does not contains progress bar and timing on the player screen ,
so i want to add custom screen where i can add some extra features,

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: How to Create a custom screen for Audio

If you set contenttype to "audio" then the progress bar will be available to you. You'll also need SetProgressIndicatorEnabled(true)
http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... oardScreen

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/ ... leanasVoid

If you want to create a custom screen you can, just it's more work.
0 Kudos
rohitkaushik
Visitor

@destruk
Actually roSpringBoardScreen have lot of limitations,like a small progress bar show just inside the thumbnail
and we can't show timing of a audio progress bar by using roSpringBoardScreen.
Roku documentation shows a imgage of roSpringBoardScreen for audio.
In which it shows a progress bar in the center of screen and timing also,But actually it doesn't happen.
So,What can I do in this situation.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

It does happen - you need to give it the data it needs in order to enable the progress bar. I've used it - it works.
If you can't get it to work in your application look at the customvideoplayer sample application on how to put a percentage on roimagecanvas and update it -- should be a simple change from the buffering display text to the progress percentage text when the audio is playing. Once you get the percentage text working for your playback progress, it would be an easy step to draw a rectangle and fill it in based on the percentage value.
0 Kudos
rohitkaushik
Visitor

@destruk
I have enabled the progress bar but
By default the progress bar shows just inside the PosterUrl.
How can we change its position and how to show the progress timing on the progress_bar ends.
0 Kudos