Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew72324
Binge Watcher

How do Roku Channels get listed in multiple categories on the Roku Channel Store?

The other day, I was going through the Roku Channel Store and I noticed that some Roku Channels are listed under multiple categories such as App and Education.

However, as a developer, when I went to view my channels in the Developer Portal, it only allows me to submit my channel to one category.

How do developers get their channels listed in multiple categories?  Are channels supposed to be listed in multiple categories if they are relevant to both topics?

Any thoughts or clarification on this topic is greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do Roku Channels get listed in multiple categories on the Roku Channel Store?

Hmmm, as a developer, I'd figure you'd know you're more likely to get a useful answer in the Developer area of these forums:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mikew72324
Binge Watcher

Re: How do Roku Channels get listed in multiple categories on the Roku Channel Store?

Thank you so much for letting me know!  I didn't even realize that there is a developer section.  I think that I previously looked for a developer section and didn't find it.

I really appreciate the help!

P.S. Is there a way for me to move the question to the developer section or am I supposed to re-ask the question there?  Any recommendations help a lot!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@mikew72324 wrote:

P.S. Is there a way for me to move the question to the developer section or am I supposed to re-ask the question there?  Any recommendations help a lot!  Thanks!

I don't think there's any way for we mere mortals to move posts, but the forum moderators should be able to.   You could try clicking the 3 vertical dots at the top right of your initial post and choose "Report inappropriate content" at the bottom of the resulting popup, and ask to have it moved. 

Otherwise,  you could try a Private Message to @RokuDanny-R (click name, then click the purple button when his profile pops up) and ask him to do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mikew72324
Binge Watcher

Woo hoo!  The post was moved to the developers section.

Thank you so much for all of the help!  I greatly appreciate it.  🙂

0 Kudos
mikew72324
Binge Watcher

I ended up contacting Roku Partner Success here: https://partnersuccess.roku.com/hc/en-us

They quickly added my channel to two categories and resolved my issue.

Thank you again for all of your help!  🙂

0 Kudos