Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hencor10

How can I set developer mode

I would like to know how can I set my Roku device on developer mode, I was looking by internet how to do it, but the list of commands they explain it doesn’t work.. Can u guys help me with this? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

Re: How can I set developer mode

Here is the guide from Roku about how to do this. You have to do the remote keypresses fairly quickly. 

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/developer-setup.md

hencor10

Thanks! But I already did that several times and it didn’t work as suppose to be 

0 Kudos
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

Have you tried checking for updates on your roku? factory resetting it? trying on a different Roku?

Does your remote have batteries? Is it an IR remote and you're not pointing directly at the Roku so not all the key presses are registering? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If it appears to enable developer mode and then reboots and isn't enabled then your Roku has probably been blacklisted because you tried to sideload something that violates Roku's terms of service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
philanderson777
Roku Guru

Have you logged into a Roku account OK?  Is that part fine ? 

Also where exactly is the step failing ? Are you completing all the key clicks and after the reboot then developer mode is still not enabled, is that the problem?

0 Kudos