Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: HTTP PUT for RESTful Web services on roUrlTransfer?

"scottgarner" wrote:
"RokuNB" wrote:
Can you clarify please - are you saying that .getToString() honors prior .setRequest() but .postFromString() overrides it?

Yes. That is precisely what I'm saying.

I opened internal ticket on this just and was told that it works. Then i sat and tried setRequest() with both PUT and DELETE, with the following:
getToString()
getToFile()
postFromString()
postFromFile()

I used packet capture and in all 8 cases i saw that the correct http verb (PUT or DELETE) was sent down the wire.
Seems that you were incorrect - and the verb override works.

Please provide a minimal code sample that demonstrates the issue, the way you experience it?
0 Kudos
scottgarner
Visitor

I was wrong!

I set it all up again, but cannot reproduce what I claimed was happening. Therefore, I must be sent for flogging.

Thank you for looking into this. Sorry!
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

On the plus side, after the experiments i think we can finally put this to rest.
To recap: one can do PUT and DELETE by using the roUrlTransfer.SetRequest() method.

This is an ancient thread and things have changed since it was started over 6 years ago. I'll close it now - please open a new one if issues found.
0 Kudos