Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrotom
Visitor

HLS streams and BIFs

From the SDK, it appears that BIF indexes are not supported for HLS streams. I've confirmed this with some of my own testing on v2.9 of the Roku firmware. Are there any plans to support BIFs for HLS streams in the version or two of the firmware? It's not a huge issue for me personally because the seek bar displays the time in the stream that we're seeking to/from -- but some users have expressed a desire to see exactly where they're seeking in the stream.

Thanks,
RT
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: HLS streams and BIFs

We realize that BIF file support is currently lacking in HLS and will address it in the future. Unfortunately, we don't have a target to share yet.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dvids
Visitor

It's been over 4 years. I'm assuming at this point you guys have no plans of implementing this feature?
0 Kudos
Rek
Visitor

"dvids" wrote:
It's been over 4 years. I'm assuming at this point you guys have no plans of implementing this feature?

We use BIFs with HLS streams. Works great.
0 Kudos
dvids
Visitor

Thanks. I guess that's what I get for taking their documentation as correct versus testing it myself 🙂
0 Kudos