Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpjamloki
Visitor

Getting HTTP response code 400

I have to post http request to server,but i have json data as a parameter like:
{"abcdefgh":{"isD":false,"soapRequest":{"contractAcceptanceMedium":"WEB"}},"searchCustomerProfileRestRequest":{"soapRequest":{"cSearch":{"address":{"streetAddress1":"NTAwIEUgRnJhbmtsaW4gU3Q=","unitNumber":"NzY0Mg==","zipCode":"MjMyMTk="},"sessionId":""}}},"selectCustomerProfileRestRequest":{"soapRequest":{"sessionId":"","searchSelectionChoice":{}}},"queryBadt":{"soapRequest":}

So for
 url.AsyncPostFromString(parameter)
i have to pass parameter as string.
So i have made above parameter as string using chr(34). (is it good idea or there is any function for it?)
and it converted as string . then my url.AsyncPostFromString(param) post http request fine.
Even i got msg.GetInt() = 1 means transfer complete.

But i am getting response code from server as 400. (if i am taking
url.AddHeader("Content-Type","application/json"
)
if i am not taking AddHeader then response code coming 415.

i think problem is : parmeter converted in string format using chr(34). is there is any function for it?
help me to solve this issue.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Getting HTTP response code 400

Chr(34) is a quote character. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you changed a string into a string using Chr(34). To pass any string as a URL parameter you should encode it using roUrlTransfer.Escape() or something similar.

--Mark
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Thanks markn for reply. Actually i have parameter like:
param = {"abcd":{"isDevice":false,"soapRequest":{"cMedium":"WEB"}},"searchCustomerProfileRestRequest":{"soapRequest":{"customerSearch":{"address":{"streetAddress1":"NT=","unitNumber":"NzY0Mg==","zipCode":"MyMTk="},"sessionId":""}}},"ProfileRestRequest":{"soapRequest":{"sessionId":"","searchSelectionChoice":{}}},"queryBadDebtRestRequest":{"soapRequest":{"sessionId":"","firstName":null,"lastName":null,"emailAddress":null,"socialSecurityNumber":null,"telephoneNumber":null,"creditCheckConsent":false},"dateOfBirth":null}} 

i have to send it as a http post request.

If i paas parameter here:
url.AsyncPostFromString(param)

it gives me syntax error , b/c parameter should be in string form. So i am not understanding how to pass param here.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Oh when you said it was JSON data I thought you meant you had already converted it to a JSON string. This was already discussed in your other thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=89668. You should use FormatJSON to convert the AA to a string, and then roUrlTransfer.Escape to escape the metacharacters so that it can be passed in a URL. Note however that the server must be set up to expect the data in JSON format. If it's expecting some other format then you need to convert to that format rather than JSON.

--Mark
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Markn,
If i use
FormatJson(param)
here. It gives me syntax error.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Can you post a complete function that exhibits the problem and the exact error message? I don't see any way that the line you posted can produce a syntax error message.

--Mark
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"cpjamloki" wrote:
I have to post http request to server,but i have json data as a parameter like:

You can either start with a valid JSON value in a string, that you got from a server or built yourself, or you can start with an object representation, i.e. an associative array.

If you are starting with a JSON string value, but you want to change some values or otherwise manipulate it, you can first convert it to an object representation using ParseJSON.

Then, when the object representation is the way you want, you can convert it to a JSON string value using FormatJSON.

You should sent that string value as the parameter to your AsyncPostFromString call.

(I doubt you want to do any escaping at that point, as the POST is sending data, not a URL).

Example:

s = "{'a':'z','b':2}"
s = s.Replace("'", chr(34))
print s
REM {"a":"z","b":2}

o = ParseJSON(s)
o.b = 3
s = FormatJSON(o)
print s
REM {"a":"z","b":3}
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

is Roku support to post json data

Actually i want to know :
is Roku support to post json data? I need same as:-

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=64647&sid=988df4e8559d24ee1b525b7f17590cc82
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

please Roku confirm that: is Roku support to post json data?
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"cpjamloki" wrote:
please Roku confirm that: is Roku support to post json data?

Sure, you can post JSON data. 🙂 From your initial post here, you already know how to POST using AsyncPostFromString.

If you are setting the Content-Type header appropriately, as you indicated, and have verified that the string you are posting is valid JSON, then perhaps you need to diagnose from the service that you are sending to that the data contents conform to the protocol it expects.
0 Kudos