Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbefilms
Visitor

Fees for channel use/listing?

Section 10E of the SDK license mentions usage-based fees for channel listing and use of channels. Can anyoneone from Roku elaborate on proposed charges, how soon they'll be implemented and an approximate idea of what they will entail? As an indie film producer I see the Roku Player and the availability of the SDK as leveling the playing field and I'm working overtime to implement a channel for my small film studio, but I need to have some idea that this will be financially viable.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Fees for channel use/listing?

There are not currently any fees for developing and publishing channels to the Roku Channel Store. We have reserved the right to charge fees in the license agreement, but we do not have any specific fees or timeline in mind at this time. One primary goal in creating the Roku Channel Developer program is to ensure that content owners can establish a viable business model on the Roku platform.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
bbefilms
Visitor

Re: Fees for channel use/listing?

Kevin, thanks for the information; I'm a big fan of the Roku box and I'm putting the word around my small filmmaker community that this is potentially a big deal.
0 Kudos