Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zy856n
Visitor

Exact splash time

Folks can you give advice on how to get exact splash screen time?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Exact splash time

I know how to set the splash time #ManifestFile-SplashScreenAttributes
The need to get the splash time eludes me, however
0 Kudos
zy856n
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
I know how to set the splash time #ManifestFile-SplashScreenAttributes
The need to get the splash time eludes me, however

And me too. splash_max_time.[/font][/color]
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

The splash screen is displayed while the channel is loading.  When the channel finishes loading, if the time for which the splash screen has been displayed is less than splash_min_time, the player leaves the splash screen up until a total of splash_min_time has elapsed from the time the splash was first displayed.  On the other hand, if the splash has already been displayed for longer than splash_min_time, it is taken down as soon as the channel finishes loading.  So there's no use for a splash_max_time parameter.  splash_min_time will be exact unless it is shorter than the channel load time, in which case there's nothing that could be done to shorten it.

--Mark
0 Kudos
zy856n
Visitor

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
The splash screen is displayed while the channel is loading.  When the channel finishes loading, if the time for which the splash screen has been displayed is less than splash_min_time, the player leaves the splash screen up until a total of splash_min_time has elapsed from the time the splash was first displayed.  On the other hand, if the splash has already been displayed for longer than splash_min_time, it is taken down as soon as the channel finishes loading.  So there's no use for a splash_max_time parameter.  splash_min_time will be exact unless it is shorter than the channel load time, in which case there's nothing that could be done to shorten it.

--Mark

I apologize if I mislead on querying justification of missing splash_max_time, so 
if ConditionA
    ExactTime = splash_min_time
then
    ExactTime = LoadTime
end if

Where is ConditionA where is LoadTime? 
-- Regards
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"RokuMarkn" wrote:

--Mark

And for an SD TV, the splash screen is only displayed briefly (regardless of splash_min_time), after which a black screen is displayed for the duration of splash_min_time. For example, if splash_min_time=5000, you'll see the splash screen for only about a second or so, followed by a completely black screen for about 5 seconds. Is this ever going to be fixed???
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

@zy856n
The logic is this

ExactTime = max(LoadTime, splash_min_time)

LoadTime is however long it takes to load the channel.  This is not predictable, since it can be longer than normal if the channel is not resident on the device and needs to be downloaded from the network.  In that case it is dependent on the quality of your network connection.

--Mark
0 Kudos
zy856n
Visitor

"RokuMarkn" wrote:

ExactTime = max(LoadTime, splash_min_time)

Good thinking. Thanks!
What is your API for LoadTime.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Did you just ask that?
0 Kudos