Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superag
Visitor

Enabled developer mode for Roku. Cannot connect through browser now. Taking too long to respond.

So I have enabled developer mode for my Roku Ultra. I am not trying to connect to 192.168.1.11 and it says it is taking too long to respond.
I have tried rebooting modem/router, restarting my PC, and I even forwarded ports 80,443,53 on the Roku. It still says taking too long to respond.
I am not sure what else to do. Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks for reading.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
beq
Channel Surfer

Re: Enabled developer mode for Roku. Cannot connect through browser now. Taking too long to respond.

Perhaps this also applied to you?

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115037

To my layman understanding, Roku has actually been disabling dev mode on units that have been autodetected to sideload certain unapproved apps (this goes beyond simply taking down private apps).

The latest dragnet just caught at least one popular app. Right before Mother’s Day, too 🙂

It is what it is, I guess. Though we'll probably see a few more such threads pop up...
0 Kudos