Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srinath
Visitor

Enable "Developer Mode" without Remote

I have lost my Roku remote (honestly I always used Roku app on my android phone as remote). Now I want to turn on developer mode and build some channels looks like I cannot turn on Developer Mode using remote app... I tried the sequence (Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right) but looks like it doesn't work. Is there any other way to turn on developer mode with out remote?

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Enable "Developer Mode" without Remote

Not answering your question, but you could get a cheap universal remote to replace your lost one. Some of the ones I've seen have included Roku codes. Also the old remotes work on newer units, in case you happen to have an older unit + remote stored away.
0 Kudos
gonzotek
Visitor

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to enable Developer Mode without a physical remote. The network remotes can no longer input the 'secret code' sequences, going back several firmware releases. Nathan's advice is sound. You'll also probably want a hardware remote just in case your network settings ever change (e.g. for a new router) or you move the Roku to a new network, as without one you won't be able to re-connect the Roku. Sorry for the bad news.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

"gonzotek" wrote:
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to enable Developer Mode without a physical remote.

^This

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Kbrooks20

I am using my phone bc I accidentally just recently broke mines and the app works would that allow my developer to still work even so without remote 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

As long as your device is already in developer mode you don't have to have a physical remote.  This thread refers to putting your device into developer mode in the first place.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos