Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Eclipse Plugin Source

Is the source code for the eclipse plugin available anywhere?
I'd like to check it out and take a stab at converting it to an Intellij IDEA Plugin.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Eclipse Plugin Source

The source for the plugin is not currently available.
Even if it was, the eclipse plugin is built on top of the 3rd-party DLTK plugin(s) and the eclipse plugin framework, which makes the vast majority of the current plugin code irrelevent in the intellij plugin framework - the only notable exceptions would be the core syntax portion of the parser (which is less than 1/2 of the overall parsing process) and the SSDP-based discovery code (which is just a convenience for the console and the deployment wizard).

Cheers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There does exist a Brightscript Sublime Text 2 and Textmate plugin for syntax coloring on github which might help you get started.

https://github.com/cmink/BrightScript.tmbundle

It's not the full meal deal, but it's possibly a start to work from.

Matt
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Any news about an IntelliJ plugin ?

I have done my time with Eclipse, IntelliJ is much better to me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had been wondering about that same question just yesterday.

First I had quite a few questions about the plugin. From reading previous forum threads I got the impression that it can be difficult to get support for the eclipse plugin.
Thus, I decided to have a look at the plugin internals myself.
Not only did this answer those questions I had, I was even able to identify two bugs in the code within a very short time.

So, I'm asking just like the others: Couldn't you put the code on GitHub?

You got nothing to loose but a lot to win by doing so...
0 Kudos