Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathead2
Roku Guru

ECP: How to Call “play WWOZ on TuneIn” via ECP?

ECP docs on launch say “Launches the channel identified by appID. You can follow the appID with a question mark and a list of URL parameters to be sent to the application as an associative array, and passed tyto the RunUserInterface() or Main() entry point.”

but don’t explain that at all, like how to expose the parameter names.

I suspect something like http://RokuIP:8060/launch/appid?voice-command=“play WWOZ”

because via voice command I can indeed get it to launch via “play WWOZ on tunein “

p.s. is there not a parameter value available for keypress/VolumeUp.   Possibly something like ?value=5 to increase by 5. If I use keypress it does one notch (too little) and if I do keydown/keyup it does 20 (which is too much)

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ECP: How to Call “play WWOZ on TuneIn” via ECP?

Hi @dathead2,

Sending ECP commands to test voice controls are detailed here: https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/media-playback/transport-controls.md#using-ecp-com....

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Re: ECP: How to Call “play WWOZ on TuneIn” via ECP?

Useful info but that doc doesn’t seem to specify the action I’m trying to accomplish which is to play a specific station inside an audio app/channel from ECP not via voice. 

Voice control user docs specify this works and indeed it does via voice but the voice control developer docs you pointed me to don’t seem to describe this particular action via ECP:

“use voice commands to search and control your music”

• Search for content
    "play 102.7 KIIS-FM on iHeartRadio"
    "play S-Town on TuneIn"

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos