Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Visitor

Dynamically changing parts of the theme? Write BMPs?

Hey.

Trying to change the `GridScreenFocusBorderHD` attribute based on what grid section you're in. So row 1 is "pkg:/image/border-1.png" , row 2 is "pkg:/image/border-2.png" etc. I've noticed that the GridScreen doesn't update after changing attributes. I saw something on here about quickly opening and closing `OneLineDialog` screen, but that didn't work for me.

The alternative I guess could be to get a bytearray from BMP, alter the colors of it, then point to that tmp file. Is there a way to save ByteArrays to BMP files?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
johnmarsden
Visitor

Re: Dynamically changing parts of the theme? Write BMPs?

bump.
I'm assuming I'll have to make a custom BMP Writer, which is okay, but just wanted to double check that I'm not overlooking something simple.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

There's no way that I'm aware of to accomplish what you're after. You can't change the GridScreen focus border after the screen is rendered, nor can you use a byte array to create a BMP. Even if you could do the latter, Roku doesn't support BMPs.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
johnmarsden
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
There's no way that I'm aware of to accomplish what you're after. You can't change the GridScreen focus border after the screen is rendered, nor can you use a byte array to create a BMP. Even if you could do the latter, Roku doesn't support BMPs.

Actually, I figured out a fairly easy way to dynamically write the BMPs and they show up on roScreen. I didn't test in something like roPosterScreen yet, but I'll try after I finish the script.
0 Kudos