Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quartern
Visitor

DocuBug? [TextAttrsAttributeKeys]

The Text attribute keys section of ContentMeta-Data states values for HAlign and VAlign to be words like "Center", "Left", "Top" etc, while the "roImageCanvas Attributes" section of the same page as well as roImageCanvas document notes the same strings but with V & H prefixes.

I suspect that the prefixes were relevant in an older version, right now using those values does not yield a desired effect
Private apps: IsraTV (replaces IsraIBA, IsraNews2, IsraI24, Isra10, Isra20)
Users - to report issues with the app (not content of streams please) send me a tweet - @quartern_roku and follow (so we can DM)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: DocuBug? [TextAttrsAttributeKeys]

"quartern" wrote:
The Text attribute keys section of ContentMeta-Data states values for HAlign and VAlign to be words like "Center", "Left", "Top" etc, while the "roImageCanvas Attributes" section of the same page as well as roImageCanvas document notes the same strings but with V & H prefixes.

For roImageCanvas, you can specify TextAttrs.HAlign as "HCenter", "Center", or "Middle" all to the same effect.
Similarly for TextAttrs.VAlign you can specify "VCenter", "Center", or "Middle" all to the same effect.

"quartern" wrote:
I suspect that the prefixes were relevant in an older version, right now using those values does not yield a desired effect

Which option(s) are not working for you? Can you provide an example?
0 Kudos
quartern
Visitor

Re: DocuBug? [TextAttrsAttributeKeys]

My Bad

I guess I just assumed that if you have Vertical parameters with the "V" prefix (like VCenter) that those prefixes will be accepted for all keywords like H+Right=HRight

but now see that the prefix was only processed for (the ambiguous?) "Center" as it can be a vertical or horizontal center
Private apps: IsraTV (replaces IsraIBA, IsraNews2, IsraI24, Isra10, Isra20)
Users - to report issues with the app (not content of streams please) send me a tweet - @quartern_roku and follow (so we can DM)
0 Kudos