Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BadgerBoy
Visitor

Difference of instattvchannel.com & Roku SDK kit

So I've dabbled with instanttvchannel.com, and am now waiting for about two weeks for my channel to be either approved, or refused where they'll tell me what the flaws in it are, and I guess I can resubmit then.

So while I'm waiting, I was wondering, what is the difference between using instanttvchannel.com and the Roku SDK kit that you can download off their site. I haven't taken a look at it yet, but figured I'd reach out to anyone here who can give be a quick break down of things that a newbie should know.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Difference of instattvchannel.com & Roku SDK kit

The Roku SDK: you write the app from scratch to obey your every will and command.

Instant TV Channel: you configure some settings, insert a coin and out pops an app. It probably gets the job done, but might not always do exactly what you want it to do.

- Joel
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

Re: Difference of instattvchannel.com & Roku SDK kit

Roku SDK: You will spend many hours coding in Brightscript, many hours reading through the Roku docs, and many hours searching through this forum before you get your channel working.

Instant TV Channel: You can build a Roku-approvable app in less than a day. Hard-to-code functions like nested lists, Amazon S3, In-Channel Purchasing, Registration & Linking, Auto-Play, Scheduling, Searching, Google Analytics, VAST, RAF, Nielsen, and more are built-in. You don't have to code anything and don't need to provide any XML.

Admittedly I'm somewhat biased . 😄
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos