Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victorCR
Visitor

Dialog Message

Hi, I am trying to add a message in the dialog that is scrollable. How can I achieve that? I've been trying like the code below. The scrollabletext does not get the focus and does not work correctly.

<Dialog
        id="MonthDialog"
        title="SELECT A MONTH"
        iconUri=""
        maxHeight="300"
        optionsDialog="true"
        visible="false">

<ButtonGroup
            visible="true"
            textColor="#000000"
            id="bg">
            <ScrollableText
              id = "exampleScrollableText"
              height="50"
              width="300"
              color="#000000"
              font = "font:SmallBoldSystemFont"

text = "Roku now offers Nielsen audience measurement software on the Roku platform. You may choose to turn on these Nielsen audience measurement features in your channel. By doing so, you acknowledge and agree: &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(i) that turning on these features will cause device and content viewing information provided by your Roku Channel to the Roku SDK to be automatically appended to Nielsen digital ad ratings (DAR) beacons received in VAST responses and sent to Nielsen; &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(ii) Nielsen may have personally identifiable information (PII) on certain end users of the Roku platform; &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(iii) these features will enable third party advertisers, agencies and media resellers (including Roku ad sales team if Roku is a reseller of your ad inventory) to serve VAST responses with Nielsen DAR campaign beacons into your channel, and receive reports on the performance of those DAR campaigns; and &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(iv) if you are not a Nielsen DAR customer, you may not receive reports on DAR campaigns. If you choose to turn on the Nielsen audience measurement features, you hereby represent and warrant: &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;(i) that you will notify your users of the occurrence of audience measurement; &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;(ii) you have and will maintain a legally adequate privacy policy; &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;(iii) you have and will maintain all necessary rights from Nielsen and consents from users to use the Nielsen audience measurement features; and &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;&#8195;(iv) your use of the Nielsen audience measurement features will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.&#xA;
                &#xA;In the event that Roku runs an ad campaign on your channel, Roku may, in its sole discretion, provide to you or your ad agency, as applicable, excerpts of the Nielsen DAR that relate to the delivery and performance of advertisements on your ad inventory. You hereby agree to: &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(i) maintain the confidentiality of any Nielsen DAR reports provided to you by Roku; and &#xA;
                &#xA;&#8195;&#8195;(ii) maintain in the Nielsen DAR reports any sourcing and copyright information provided by Nielsen.&#xA;
                &#xA;YOU AGREE YOU WILL NOT USE THE NIELSEN AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT SOFTWARE AND FEATURES  IN CONNECTION WITH CONTENT OR CHANNELS DIRECTED TOWARD CHILDREN OR IN CONNECTION  WITH USERS KNOWN TO BE CHILDREN. If Roku discovers or determines in its sole discretion that you are using the Nielsen audience measurement software and features in connection with content or channels directed toward children or with users known to be children, Roku reserves the right to disable or otherwise limit functionality.&#xA;
                &#xA;YOU MAY NOT ENABLE THE NIELSEN AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT FEATURES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ABOVE. PLEASE CONTACT ROKU OR NIELSEN FOR FURTHER INFORMATION."
              horizAlign = "left"
              vertAlign = "top" />
          <!-- </Rectangle> -->
          </ButtonGroup>

</Dialog>
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Valeriia
Channel Surfer

Re: Dialog Message

I have an issue with long text: when I append terms of use text to dialog.message sometimes it leads to a reboot. When I use ScrollableText.text-all is OK. Why?
0 Kudos