Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RevSarahGarner
Reel Rookie

Developers mode

This is a question i emailed to Channel pear. I'm trying to figure out how to get back to Developers Mode. When i try the Home 3x Up 2x... it just takes me too the latest build of each App on the Roku box not the Developers mode.

My Question is below.

I installed Channel Pear according to your instructions (Home 3x Up 2x R-L-R-L) that worked but now it’s gone and I cannot get back to that Developer Mode (on the Roku box) to reinstall it again and I do not remember the ip address of the box ? Is there another way too add the pear channel back ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developers mode

Usually when some channel gives you instructions to install their channel via developer mode it's because they're violating Roku's terms of service (i.e., they're a shady company).  Roku will blacklist anyone trying to use this method to skirt their TOS and will not allow you to enable developer mode anymore.  I don't know anything about Channel Pear, but that's probably what happened to you

On the other hand, are you sure you entered the right sequence?  If you're seeing the list of channels with versions numbers then you went L-R-L-R-L instead of R-L-R-L-R.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos