Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

Hi, During resubmit channel, then I received an error message "Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package". How can resolve this error? Please suggest.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

You should still be able to submit the channel, even with the error.

I had that issue a while back, contacted support, and they said that the submission would still go through. That was in September 2019. Be sure to save your credentials this time though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Developer id of submitted package does not match developer id of previously submitted package

Jump to solution

I think that happens when you package with a device that has been rekeyed to a different developer ID/password.  You need to rekey your device using an old package and the appropriate password.  If you didn't save an old package you can always download it from the developer portal.  If you didn't save the password you used previously then I think it's a lost cause.  You'll have to contact partnersuccess@roku.com and ask for help.

-JT

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

You should still be able to submit the channel, even with the error.

I had that issue a while back, contacted support, and they said that the submission would still go through. That was in September 2019. Be sure to save your credentials this time though.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

If you have stored data in the registry (device persistent storage), it will be inaccessible to the new app signed with the new key.

Assuming that's an issue for you, you'll want to download your old package and rekey your roku. 
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/publishing/packaging-channels.md#rekeying

aspiring
Level 9

Jump to solution
Yes, Submitted the pkg even this issue and contact with the partnersuccess@roku.com, they by pass this issue for this submission and published the channel. Thank you.
0 Kudos