Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casminkey
Visitor

Re: Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

Still waiting for a response from Roku on this too. What a joke.
0 Kudos

Re: Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

seems like their pm/email system doesn't send either.

developer@roku.com
0 Kudos
jos_gusa
Visitor

Hello there...

I'm having the same issue, but has anyone received any help from Roku?
0 Kudos
millonario
Visitor

Have somebody received support either from RokuTomC or anyone?

This is very frustrating to encourage developing channels and then not been able to test them.

Thanks in advance Roku.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Why is almost every comment here from a new account with only one post? It almost seems like spam.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
Why is almost every comment here from a new account with only one post? It almost seems like spam.

Because "You never read about a plane that did not crash" 🙂
Similarly, people don't go to Twitter to complain their Roku is working fine.
When one has a problem, there is incentive to do the extra steps to reach out looking for a solution.

We would like to help the developers inadvertently affected by tightened counter-piracy measures on the player. Please PM RokuTomC here (click the letter envelope in top right corner) and email partnerSuccess at roku.com regarding the issue - and i trust it will be resolved through direct communication. Don't forget to post back here when your issue was resolved  😎
0 Kudos
slim94
Visitor

really not impressed with this move -- guess it's time to return this device!
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

I followed up with our dev.relations and was told that about a dozen people have contacted us about this but when researched further, not one of them has turned out to be a genuine developer, i.e. they did not have a published channel or a bona fide app under development.

Turns out some additional security measures are in place to curb organized content piracy, since side-loading was being abused by some apps to circumvent restrictions.
0 Kudos

Re: Developer Mode Not Enabling

Yes the developer mode installer denied entry enable after reboot can you help me

0 Kudos
AlceuF

I'm having this problem at the moment, is it possible to fix the situation?

I'm a registered developer.
I have doubts about what is allowed or on Roku, I believe I haven't flagged it via email before a block like this

0 Kudos