Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casminkey
Visitor

Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

Hoping someone can help. I had the developer mode enabled for a while but this morning come to find that the sideloaded app isn't installed anymore. I went to re-enable developer mode and unit reboots, but when it comes back online, I still can't access the developer page from a browser. I tried a few more times, same thing. So I factory reset the roku. After setup, I went back to re-enable. This time, like the very first time, I was asked to setup a password. This wasn't happening the previous times. Roku rebooted and for about 3 seconds I was able to access the page. Then Roku rebooted and I'm back to where I started. 

Weird thing, each time I enter the code, never does the Roku say Developer mode is enabled.

Running OS 8.0 on a streaming stick.

Can anyone help, please??
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
jtuck1
Visitor

Re: Developer Mode Not Enabling

Same exact thing is happening to me, think this is a recent problem.
0 Kudos

same thing here. happening since yesterday. not sure if there was an update that affected dev mode..
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A change recently went into affect that would remove your ability to access the Application Installer (i.e. from side-loading channels) on devices that have violated our End User License Agreement or our Developer Tools Agreement.
0 Kudos
cipher
Visitor

"RokuTomC" wrote:
A change recently went into affect that would remove your ability to access the Application Installer (i.e. from side-loading channels) on devices that have violated our End User License Agreement or our Developer Tools Agreement.

If you believe you've been unjustly affected by this change, please send me a private message.

so Roku is banning users from using the Application Installer permanently instead flagging offending apps?  I'm sure many users who are developers that also may have an offending app (esp without knowledge) would still like to use the developer mode in the future
Sheazer
Visitor

Roku Developer Mode not working properly.

Hardware: Roku Premiere+ ; Roku Ultra
Software: Latest
Connection: Both Wireless

I first noticed that my custom chanel on the Premiere+ had disappeared without warning, so I tried to access the install IP to re-add the channel, but it would not respond.  When I tried to enable developer mode, it never asked for a password, it simply seemingly enabled it and restarted (it also never displayed the Terms and Conditions).  Again, I could not access it and I could not disable dev mode, it simply wanted me to enable it over and over.  I tried a factory reset and went to enable Dev mode again, and this time it prompted for a password.  I put it in and again, no luck.  Multiple reboots later and I still cannot find a solution.

I moved on to the Roku Ultra, and I am having the exact same issue.  It's like it isn't enabling developer mode properly.  I can access the Roku on port 8060 on both boxes and it returns information and I can ping the Rokus as well.  I am accessing it from a device on the same network, both wired and wirelessly, and have so far had no luck. 

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?  My channel disappeared sometime between Thursday and today, though I'm not sure exactly when.  My Google Fu skills have failed to find a solution.
0 Kudos
netiblue
Visitor

Re: Roku Developer Mode not working properly.

Hi, noticed the same exact issue this morning and ran into the same problem where password was not asked and unable to connect to roku.
0 Kudos
casminkey
Visitor

Same here too and did the exact same thing you did. I noticed when I did the factory reset and set the password, I was able to connect from a browser very briefly. Then the Roku rebooted again and I'm back to where I started.

It's like it never enabled because when you out the code in, Roku never says it's enabled and never gives the option to disable.

Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Psychop1
Channel Surfer

Same exact issue as you guys this morning using a roku stick. Very frustrated. Odd that we’re all having these issues at the same time across multiple devices. Until I came here, I thought something was faulty with my roku.
0 Kudos

Re: Developer Mode Disabled for Accounts Violating the EULA and/or Developer Tools Agreement

sent you a private message also. frustrated with roku punishing us for testing one dev app. do you want developers or to play paranoid games? I don't get the logic. 
0 Kudos