Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flingsoft
Visitor

Delete or deactivate channel?

Looking for some assistance as to how to remove a channel from sale. We have a few subscription based channels we need to pull down and the Remove Channel function from the drop down is doing nothing. Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Delete or deactivate channel?

Currently that's not a self-serve functionality.
A "man behind the curtain" has to do that for you.
Contact Roku rep, e.g. email developer @ roku.com
0 Kudos
flingsoft
Visitor

Thank you, kind of odd they have an option for "Remove Channel" which returns success and yet does nothing...
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"flingsoft" wrote:
Thank you, kind of odd they have an option for "Remove Channel" which returns success and yet does nothing...

You have a point there, what's the use of such deletion - other than creating orphans?!

Btw please note even if you persuade Roku to remove public channel from the store (which is your right, to withdraw), that does not mean the channel will magically disappear from people's devices - just like this is not the case with iOS and Android apps. To "actively discontinue" a channel, you'll have to release an update, a new version that will show end-of-service banner instead of the old content. And since updates are automatic on Roku, it will quickly infect the players
0 Kudos
ioan
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
And since updates are automatic on Roku, it will quickly infect the players

Is this true for private channels too? If I update a private channel, does it propagate the new version to all the users?
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"ioan" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
And since updates are automatic on Roku, it will quickly infect the players
Is this true for private channels too? If I update a private channel, does it propagate the new version to all the users?

Yes - as far as i know, the platform is consistent in this.
0 Kudos