Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylyahiko
Visitor

Dash format videos not properly grabbing duration

Hello,

I've been working with quite a problem. It appears as though the durations for my videos aren't being loaded properly. When the video plays it shows 5hr 45min. The video.duration = 1.844674407371e+16 

http://devtools.web.roku.com/stream_tester/html/index.html[/url:1vyoxii7] it seems as though the duration isn't properly set.[/color]

I've submitted a request via partnersuccess but am looking for a work around in the mean time. Has anyone else experienced this before?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Dash format videos not properly grabbing duration

I know nothing about PlayReady, DASH, or MPDs, but I'd be willing to bet that video.duration should be an integer representing the duration in seconds.  1.844674407371e+16 seconds is many, many, millennia.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem. Haven't found a solution yet. My Smooth Streaming assets return the correct duration.
0 Kudos

Duration is correct now. Not sure if roku updated firmware or if asset provider updated to format that roku understands.
0 Kudos