Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greeneca
Channel Surfer

Crash Logs in Developer Portal

I have noticed the new feature in the developer portal to allow us to view "crash logs" for live apps. I have a few comments about this. 

First I am seeing crashes in the logs for my app that did not come from my app. The files that the crash is occurring in does not exist in my app and the listed app version doesn't exist for my app for several of the listed crashes.

Secondly while this feature is greatly appreciated it would be much more useful if we had a little more information. Ideally I would like to had a stack trace, variable values, and the actual error that caused the crash. Im not sure if this is possible as well but the serial number of the device that the crash occurred on would be very helpful to match it up with user bug reports. 
Charles Greene
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, REDSPACE
902 444.3490 x 8947
redspace.com
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Crash Logs in Developer Portal

"greeneca" wrote:
First I am seeing crashes in the logs for my app that did not come from my app. The files that the crash is occurring in does not exist in my app and the listed app version doesn't exist for my app for several of the listed crashes.

Oh, nice. Can you illustrate with example, like copy&paste or screenshot?

An issue report from me, I did notice a bug in the chart - typing-in the date range does not quite work: click in start-date, type 01/01/2016 and hit Enter - a spinner pops and stays there forever. It's rather wonky/unreliable, not sure why. There is no error in JS console. 
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

@greeneca - 
consider reporting the new portal version issues and suggestions at dev. ralations' attention
0 Kudos
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Can you provide the developer account associated with the channel that is showing incorrect data, as well as the name of the channel and a date where an example of the incorrect data is occuring?
0 Kudos
greeneca
Channel Surfer

The account is roku_nick@viacom.com. The channel is Nickelodeon, and there is a crash log on Oct 7 for a file that is not in out code base. I think it may have something to do with screensavers. I have seen a few references to screen savers.
Charles Greene
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, REDSPACE
902 444.3490 x 8947
redspace.com
0 Kudos