Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baldr
Reel Rookie

Confused About Publishing Time Frames

Jump to solution

Hi,

Looking for some insight / advice; published a channel ~2-3 weeks ago, all is good. Pushed an update (1.1) today, all ticks (except Channel Store Info and Monetization - which I presume is because they remain unchanged?), Static Analysis passed etc. It is listed as Publishing..

I am asking how long this stage takes, because one part of the website says 2 days, another says 5 days, and when I published 1.0 it was done within minutes; obviously with 1.1 containing a bug fix I would have hoped it would also be quick.

Stay Safe!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Confused About Publishing Time Frames

Jump to solution

Minutes is unusual and even a day or two is lucky, but it won't be published on the weekend.  It's not an automated process; it requires human intervention.

Edit:  Oh wait, you must be talking about a private channel if yours was published within minutes, right?  In that case, yes minutes is the norm, but it's not unusual for their website/server to have issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Minutes is unusual and even a day or two is lucky, but it won't be published on the weekend.  It's not an automated process; it requires human intervention.

Edit:  Oh wait, you must be talking about a private channel if yours was published within minutes, right?  In that case, yes minutes is the norm, but it's not unusual for their website/server to have issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Baldr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the clarification; I appreciate your help.

To be clear, it was a public channel that took minutes, I guess I just got very lucky some how. (I have a bunch of other questions related to store placement, but those are not nearly as important as to need posting here.)

0 Kudos