Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamilou
Visitor

Conditional access

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best way to implement a conditional access to a Roku Channel ?
I was thinking about a username/password combination but then users might share it (unless I link the profile to a Roku MacAddress or IP address ?)

Anyone who would like to share his thoughts ?

PS : sorry about the english, I use French canadian every day.

Thank you
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: Conditional access

The obvious answer would be to make it a paid channel. But if that isn't appropriate, you need to explain in more detail what you're trying to do, how you plan to authorize and de-authorize users, etc.

--Mark
0 Kudos
jamilou
Visitor

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
The obvious answer would be to make it a paid channel. But if that isn't appropriate, you need to explain in more detail what you're trying to do, how you plan to authorize and de-authorize users, etc.

--Mark

Thank you Mark for your reply.
I will publish it as a private channel. I have no idea for now how to authorize it or de-authorize it. I just want it to have conditionnal access like Netflix (create a username and password and give it to users ).
An example of a use case would be something like : User will click on the channel and he'll get (only the first time) a page where he has to input a username and password that I provided beforehand.
But still, how would I be sure he's not sharing his credentials ?
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I'm not sure how it's done, but it sounds like you would have to maintain a server database to check individual credentials and IP addresses and concurrent logins, etc
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

See https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... nd+Linking for one such idea.
It conveniently passes the buck to an external entity, a web server. Problem solved! :twisted:
0 Kudos
jamilou
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
See https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... nd+Linking for one such idea.
It conveniently passes the buck to an external entity, a web server. Problem solved! :twisted:

Thank you very much !
0 Kudos