Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VikR0001
Visitor

Channel with Many New Products Each Month?

I'm developing a channel that could have many new products each month. Currently I create each product manually using the Roku Developer Dashboard -> Manage My In-Channel Products.

Once we're in production, this may be impractical.  Having people manually enter each new product would be time-consuming and worse, error-prone. Users would be unable to purchase a product if the product identifier in the Channel Store, didn't match the product identifier contained in the RSS feed that has the product descriptions. 

What do developers do in this situation? 

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Veeta
Visitor

Re: Channel with Many New Products Each Month?

Instead of creating a Roku in-channel product for each unique item, you could create one at each price point.  For instance, a $2.99 TVOD rental can be one product.  Then you use your own server to track which title was purchased.
0 Kudos
VikR0001
Visitor

Re: Channel with Many New Products Each Month?

I didn't expect that. I thought there would be an API to add products to the channel store. But okay, very good. Thanks for the info!
0 Kudos