Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
comperc
Visitor

Re: Certifying channel question

"casolorz" wrote:
Ok, that will help. Now I just have to figure out a way of knowing when the channel has been published already. 

There is no way to predict when a channel will be published (unless you pass the certification and put a very long publish date in the future). The Roku Partner success team will check and report the issue if any, then you need to fix the issue and submit again and so on until no major issue found. It would take time especially for the first time publish (the update will be faster).
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Have a feeling I'm going to have to use a remote config to change the channel id once it is approved and signal that the app can now use it. 
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

the base ID doesn't change with publishing - you can see it in the browser URL when editing channel details in dev.portal - it's a number of the 123456 kind. Have a look at ECP <rokuIP>:8060/query/apps (open in browser) for idea. For unpublished versions of channels, if they are added through a code, ID has some _ABCD suffix - when published, suffix is removed.

Also from what i remember you create channel as either private or public and cannot change that later, so will need to create another one for public submittal. Sidebar: if your mobile app is "primary" and Roku channel can't function without it, why publish the channel as "public"? It can stay private, with the app using ECP to check if installed on Roku player and link to screen to install it, if not
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

I would be ok with keeping  the channel private since the app triggered installation is working fine for most but it isn't working for users in Mexico. I'm guessing private channels don't work there anymore?
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"casolorz" wrote:
I would be ok with keeping  the channel private since the app triggered installation is working fine for most but it isn't working for users in Mexico. I'm guessing private channels don't work there anymore?

i don't know the answer to that but i won't be surprised, since we had (it was in the news) some issues with content piracy in that country. email partnerSuccess at roku.com for answer from people in the know.
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Thanks, I'll do that. 
0 Kudos
justinn007
Visitor

Interesting, that is helpful to know. 

Do you know if you can change that date later?
Also, will the published channel have the same ID as my private channel?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

No idea if you can change the date as I haven't done it yet but I was told the id would be different from the private channel because you can't convert from one to the other, and I really didn't see a way to convert while navigating the page. 
0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

I'm getting ready to submit my channel and wanted to add a later date for publishing but I'm not seeing that anywhere. The only step I have left is submit and publish. 
0 Kudos