Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oa24153
Binge Watcher

Certification testing: Channel Deep Linking Basic

Jump to solution
I'm getting this error on publishing a channel for certification testing, i have introduction page on the start of the app. My app is rejected how do i resolve this issue?

While watching media player events, nothing was found. The active application aapname (dev) shows "introImage" as the active element. Suggest looking if not logged in or navigation steps for playing content has changed
Description:
Deep linking enables users to get to your content faster from the Roku UI via Roku's content discovery features (for example, Roku Search and Roku home screen banners).

Screenshot_2021-01-25 Roku(1).png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Certification testing: Channel Deep Linking Basic

Jump to solution

Our automated Certification Testing tool is not yet equipped to run deep linking or content playback performance tests on a channel that has an intermediary introduction screen such as the one you're describing here. 

Our Partner Success team is aware of this shortcoming and is available to grant exemptions to these testing requirements on a case-by-case basis. Please go ahead and contact them via our web contact form, and they'll help launch your channel — https://developer.roku.com/contact

Note that we are constantly improving our certification automation tooling, and may introduce updates in the future that enable testing on a channel like yours from within the Developer Dashboard in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @oa24153,

Have you taken a look at our Deep Linking documentation?

Also, make sure you have provided Deep Linking test parameters in the Developer Dashboard prior to trying to publish your channel.

0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Our automated Certification Testing tool is not yet equipped to run deep linking or content playback performance tests on a channel that has an intermediary introduction screen such as the one you're describing here. 

Our Partner Success team is aware of this shortcoming and is available to grant exemptions to these testing requirements on a case-by-case basis. Please go ahead and contact them via our web contact form, and they'll help launch your channel — https://developer.roku.com/contact

Note that we are constantly improving our certification automation tooling, and may introduce updates in the future that enable testing on a channel like yours from within the Developer Dashboard in the future.

0 Kudos
AbhiK
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTomC 

I am facing the same issue while publishing one of my public channel. I have an intermediary login screen in the application.

So, does this still persist and do I need to contact Partner Success team to publish my channel?
Please let me know the same so that I can procced further with publishing my channel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
developer_uj24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please follow RokuJonathan's comments carefully. 

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Facing the Same Issue with the Channel Deep Linking Basic, Channel Content Play Performance at Channel Behaviour Analisis : 

I refer to this example and implemented deep Linking successfully for My Channel. and I tested deep linking parameters using the Deep Linking tool on My PC. It's working as expected and the content is also playing fine and Focus is also maintained.

In My App Implemented Login Functionality. But, Without Login Deep Linking content is able to play. I thought maybe it's an issue with the Device at Channel Behaviour Analisis. So, I performed Channel Behaviour Analisis with 4 different Devices. But, Still Facing this issue.

I sent mail to Roku partner success 2 days before. But didn't respond yet. blackout periods are coming. Can Anyone Please guide me? how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Today I worked very deep on this issue. In Channel Behavior Analysis Message, It's Shows "Unable to get valid XML layout". I attached the Screenshot.

DeepLinking.PNG

I used PosterGrid Node and Performed the DeepLinking. In my XML item content id and ContentType available. and the same value I passed in DeepLinking. at Local I used Amarillo Devices and Test Deep Linking Parameter. Can Anyone Please guide me??

0 Kudos
VoiceOverRadio
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi did you solve this issue I'm having the same problems this new system is a nightmare.

0 Kudos