Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: Categorisation of Roku LowEnd and HighEnd devices

Komag, your categories don't seem fit right, for example 2400^, 34xx, 35xx i believe have same characteristics like 30xx/31xx and should be "promoted". Better would be to use roDeviceInfo.GetGraphicsPlatform() as criterion for the GPU and a DIY benchmark on the CPU.

(^) but not 2450, the one-and-only exception from the "models with same first two digits are alike" rule
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

I'm just going on performance in my game alone - those first sticks definitely are not as strong as the old Roku 2 lineup (probably due to the GPU differences, as you hint at). So yeah it will vary depending on what type of channel is being developed.
0 Kudos
swarankalair
Visitor

Thanks a lot @Komang and @RokuNB.

If I have to keep the devices in two pools (low-end and high-end), according to model number, 4200X may be a cut between low-end and high-end, as I observed. Although there will be some compromises as some high-end models will go into low-end bucket, and some mid-end models will be moved on high-end buckets. Please guide if this is fine or will it be better to create more than two buckets as Komang suggested.
Accidental Roku Channels Enthusiast
Analog by Birth, Digital by Design
0 Kudos