Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevintwister
Channel Surfer

Cannot install Private / Test Channel via Browser

I am trying to test our latest updates before submitting for publishing, however, I cannot add the channel via the browser. I think there is a bug with your website right now.

I did a screen share here. 

https://www.loom.com/share/72d54d10117a41bd819d63ddcddeec55

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
attilaj
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot install Private / Test Channel via Browser

I'm experiencing the same issues.

0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Hello folks - I reported this to Roku last week, they don't feel quite the sense of urgency that we developers do, as this should have been fixed the same day I reported it.

The problem is that when the link includes a parameter, the captcha is not shown.  The solution (until Roku web team gets off their **bleep** and fixes this) is to proceed to the add page (no param) and enter the code, then all works as expected.
https://my.roku.com/account/add <- use this link then enter your code (notice captcha is on the page!)

aspiring
attilaj
Reel Rookie

Thanks joetesta. I received a similar reply a few moments ago from Roku Partner Success. It worked for me from the Dashboard:

At this time, please add the channel with the channel access code through your Account page. 
Here are the steps to add the channel with the channel access code:
1: Sign into Developer Dashboard
2: Under "Manage My Account" , click on  Add channel with a code
: Add channel access code
We hope to have a fix this week. 

0 Kudos
learner
Channel Surfer

Roku keeps on screwing things and deprecating code.Small team which doesnt test is the fault maker and no response to customers. If some one contacts roku will say its a problem with code.

0 Kudos