Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Cannot Add Private Channel

When I try, I see "You must have at least one device linked to your account before you can add a channel."

within this same account I see that I have 6 distinct Rokus linked to the account.
aspiring
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot Add Private Channel

I logged out and back in and it worked.
The account I'd logged in on immediately before actually has no rokus linked.  Theory:  Some cookie must have got stuck somewhere, because I was definitely logged into my account with 6 linked rokus when I saw the message.  I'll leave this here for the Roku web maintenance gods to suss out.
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot Add Private Channel

Yes let me assure anyone at Roku who might be interested, there is definitely a bug when logging out from one account and into another and then accessing the developer zone.
I logged out from Account A ( my "user" account) and into Account B ( my "developer" account) and I tried to access a specific channel and saw a weird error message, then I noticed in the upper right the dropdown said "Welcome <Account A's Name>" even though I am logged into Account B.

cheers.
aspiring
0 Kudos