Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Level 10

Cannot Add Private Channel

When I try, I see "You must have at least one device linked to your account before you can add a channel."

within this same account I see that I have 6 distinct Rokus linked to the account.
aspiring
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
joetesta
Level 10

Re: Cannot Add Private Channel

I logged out and back in and it worked.
The account I'd logged in on immediately before actually has no rokus linked.  Theory:  Some cookie must have got stuck somewhere, because I was definitely logged into my account with 6 linked rokus when I saw the message.  I'll leave this here for the Roku web maintenance gods to suss out.
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Level 10

Re: Cannot Add Private Channel

Yes let me assure anyone at Roku who might be interested, there is definitely a bug when logging out from one account and into another and then accessing the developer zone.
I logged out from Account A ( my "user" account) and into Account B ( my "developer" account) and I tried to access a specific channel and saw a weird error message, then I noticed in the upper right the dropdown said "Welcome <Account A's Name>" even though I am logged into Account B.

cheers.
aspiring
0 Kudos