Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abobo37
Visitor

Can't connect to the Roku sideload screen(help with the ip)

Im a complete newbie to roku programming so i downloaded the files given from the official site.
I decided to try uploading the web_server.zip from the example folder and i learnt that i need to connect to the roku device through the IP. I am using a roku streaming stick.
i enabled the developer mode(by doing home home home up up right left right left right) and set up a password as well and restarted.
However i cant connect to the device through my computer(that uses the same wifi network). I also tried using my phone to connect(using same wifi network) and tried multiple web browsers with no success.
The page is blank and doesnt load and in internet explorer it just says it cant connect. The subnet ip of the device is 192.168.2.4 and thats what i typed in the browser.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't connect to the Roku sideload screen(help with the

Check that your wifi router doesn't have AP Isolation turned on, and check that your router isn't doing anything to block those specific ports.

You might also try taking the device out of developer mode, rebooting, then putting it back in developer mode and rebooting again.

- Joel
0 Kudos
abobo37
Visitor

There are no AP isolation settings turned on. I turned off all the firewalls and still nothing. And since i can cast youtube videos and firefox videos from my android phone it can't be a router connection issue.
I tried disabling and then enabling the function but still nothing 😕
I remember putting a password when i first enabled developer mode. Could that be why this is happening?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I don't know. Try resetting the device to factory defaults and then re-enabling developer mode. You have to enter a password to enable developer mode.

- Joel
0 Kudos