Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Bug found in RSG Example

Greetings,
I'm running through some example apps to refamiliarize myself with RSG development and I've stumbled across a bug in the "Rotated Renderable Nodes Markup" example application downloaded from here[/url:mgkmcl1y] and loaded directly onto a Roku Ultra; the visible rectangle is smaller than it ...

aspiring
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Bug found in RSG Example

That's odd, I download the same zip and now those white spaces aren't there!  Pretty sure I didn't add them before, just uploaded the zip I'd downloaded.
On Roku 3 I'm not even able to recreate the problem.  weird.
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Seems like problems in the example code - from what i know, manifest does not allow/handle spaces before or after "=" - nor does it allow quoting values (the value starts after "=" and ends with new line)
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

"RokuNB" wrote:
Seems like problems in the example code - from what i know, manifest does not allow/handle spaces before or after "=" - nor does it allow quoting values (the value starts after "=" and ends with new line)

Thanks RNB - much appreciate your response (I'm NOT in the twilight zone 😄 ) the quotes were (are still?) in the example app "RectangleRotatedExample" manifest - stripped out the quotes and now all is well.  Wonder why the different behavior on Ultra v R3?
aspiring
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"joetesta" wrote:
Thanks RNB - much appreciate your response (I'm NOT in the twilight zone 😄 ) the quotes were (are still?) in the example app "RectangleRotatedExample" manifest - stripped out the quotes and now all is well.  Wonder why the different behavior on Ultra v R3?

Keep experimenting! I am mildly curious what the reason might be - but also don't have players handy just this moment to try. One difference between Roku3 and Premiere/Ultra is that the former cannot render app UI in 1080 (it will do it in 720 instead), while the latter (and all 4k devices) do 1080 natively. This shouldn't have affected the decoding of `ui_resolutions` though (which if missing should be implied to be "sd,hd"), so IDK...
0 Kudos