Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Broken firmware 4.8 - msg.isListItemInfo()

Our apps are reporting this button no longer works on poster screens as of the new Roku 2 firmware 4.8 build 1178
The screen makes the noise when the button is pressed, the light on the roku blinks so it's receiving it - the debug app prints a blank line but doesn't execute any associated code path which worked on the previous firmware revision.

It reports the info button as button #10 now - which would allow for a temporary work around the issue, but any channel using the isListItemInfo() message is now broken.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Re: Broken firmware 4.8 - msg.isListItemInfo()

Sent over to the engineers to take a look at.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

I checked with engineering and they agree that this is probably a regression that occurred with the 4.8 release. The isListItemInfo event should get sent to the screen when the info button is pressed. They are looking into the issue. I'll report back on this thread once I have more information.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Just a bump - is there more information now?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Hello - yes, this was an unfortunate regression in the initial 4.8 firmware release. We have a fix in pre-release starting today which we hope to release to the field over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Jon
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Thanks Jon! In the meantime we're using button #10 - will that still work after the fix?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

Hello,

Yes, that should still work. But please send me your device serial number and I can give you access to the release candidate build with the fix included so you can verify.

Cheers,
Jon
0 Kudos