Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valicode
Visitor

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

On the new Label component, the isTextEllipsized field is always returning false.

I have set the width to 90 (trying to force the wrap and truncation) and the text to 'Cancel this button' - which renders as 'Cancel this...'

Other fields set:
ellipsizeOnBoundary = true
wrap = true
numLines = 2

Any ideas why this is not returning true?
0 Kudos
brybott
Visitor

Setting .observeField on a roSGNode, you can add a callback function as a string...?

It seems it is not possible to pass the callback function any parameters? Am I correct?
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer . Everything is ok now . 😄
0 Kudos
juantwc
Visitor

"dratio" wrote:
I am building an item with multiple labels on the same line. There will be dynamic content in the labels, so the width of the labels will be changing based on what the text is, so I have the width set to zero for both. However, when I need the final width of the first label in order to properly place the second label, it is still returning as zero. Is there a way to access the final width of the label in order to determine where the second label should go. I am assuming that this will be done via translation, but I need an x-value to put into the translation.

Does anyone know how this is done? It would be really important for any semi-complicated layout
0 Kudos
brybott
Visitor

label.isEllipsized always seems to return false, even when I can visually see the ... ellipsis occurring. It happens regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false. The ellipsis also occurs regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false.
0 Kudos
valicode
Visitor

"brybott" wrote:
label.isEllipsized always seems to return false, even when I can visually see the ... ellipsis occurring. It happens regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false. The ellipsis also occurs regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false.

Yes, this is the same that I am seeing (see post at top of page 9). I hope they fix this soon.
0 Kudos
brybott
Visitor

I created a new component that extends the Group node. In instance of this component is a child to a Scene node. In the init() sub of the Group extended component, I try:
sceneParent = m.top.getParent()
but this returns invalid. Does getParent() work in the component's init function()?

If in the Scene nodes init function I do something like (with <MyGroup id="myGroup"> as a child of the Scene node)
m.myGroup = m.top.findNode("myGroup")
m.myGroup.getParent()
it works as expected.
0 Kudos
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

"edskitter" wrote:
Concerning video, what are Roku's plan for securing video?

In previous version, I was using :

videoContent.Addheader("reserved-id", "xxxx.."
videoContent.SetCertificatesFile("pkg:/certs/xx.crt")
videoContent.InitClientCertificates()

How can we achieve this with the new API?

Oh, really, Roku. Why do you ignore all serious questions? Such as this and many others. New api it is very good. But we are playing in guessing, Nobody knows it better than you, but you are silent ...
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

To answer the question about secure video on SceneGraph:

Firmware 7.1 and higher
https is supported by the Video node. The developer needs to put the certificate information into the ContentNode. Draft documentation (a screenshot, unfortunately, this BB doesn't seem to be able to do tables at the moment):

https://roku.box.com/s/4aha5azd3jga9vx7mscai3b8v1h8yybu

- Joel
0 Kudos
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

It is a good news! This update seems to be stunning.

Which devices will be supported in 7.1, Roku 2 and more? And when this amazing update will be available for us?

"RokuJoel" wrote:
this BB doesn't seem to be able to do tables at the moment

Did you mean EPG-Control update will not be there?
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos