Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drodine
Visitor

BS lib provider not found: roku_ads_lib ?

Hi,
I used RAF in development without any issues for a long time. Today I unpacked new Premiere+ and found it doesn't work with RAF apps. When I try to upload a dev application I get:
=================================================================
An error occurred while attempting to compile the application:

-------> BS lib provider not found: roku_ads_lib

Also any existing channel from channel store can be launched except channels without RAF. Channels just show splash screen and Roku goes back to the home screen.

How to fix it?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: BS lib provider not found: roku_ads_lib ?

Sorry for the delay noticing this, it was under old pinned thread.
Is the issue still happening - and if so, let me know more info on account, approx. geo location, channel store used etc. - PM if need be for privacy.
If issue was resolved - what was the cause/fix?
0 Kudos
drodine
Visitor

I suppose issue was not resolved but I found workaround.
RAF on Premiere+ doesn't work on non-US accounts. Seems this library was not installed on devices that connected to non-US accounts. And channels with RAF don't launch even if channel is for any country/location.
The problem disappeared immediately when I connected device to US based account.
It doesn't matter where device was geo located. Just linking to another account helped.
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

This is not good.  We are a development shop located in Canada building channels for US companies.
We are also experiencing this on Express+ device that we purchased in California and brought back home.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

For now, we have switched to a US base dev account.
RokuNB, any word on when RAF will be available for 8.0 users in Canada?
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
LuisSalazar
Visitor

I have the same problem as all, I bought 20 units of Roku Express + (Model:3710RW) Software Version: 7.7.0 compilation 4135-28, I tried loading an application but it shows the following error:

-------> Install Failure: BS lib provider not found: roku_ads_lib

All the devices were bought in Canada, and sent to Colombia in South America, we tried to test with a United States developer account and but not work, is there any solution ?, 

Thanks in advance for the collaboration.
0 Kudos
dinam

Hi, I have the same problem with Roku Express +, Model:3710RW, if I want to install a channel in developer mode throws the following error: Install Failure: BS lib provider not found: roku_ads_lib I performed many tests without any success, in the roku 3 and roku stick works without any problem.

Any help for this problem? Thanks.
0 Kudos
dinam

Hi, also do not work several applications of third parties, example: Plex, ifood.tv, m3u playlist player, fot tv free, and many others that are in the store of Roku and are directly decharged with the store of the device, in the roku 3 and roku stick work without problem, something is failing in this device, have a solution? Roku is going to withdraw from the market this device?, what is the next step?

thanks
0 Kudos
LuisSalazar
Visitor

Hi dinam, RokuNB gave me a solution and it worked perfect, I sent you private message.
0 Kudos

Hello, I am having the same problem on a Express+, can You please share Your solution. It will be much appreciated.
0 Kudos