Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superchicken
Visitor

Audio Spring Board Display Options

I'm playing live streams and I need to display something different from what's available with either the Audio ContentType ('Album' and 'Artist') or the generic type ('Title' and 'Description'). My audio files do not have embedded metadata, so roAudioMetadata isn't an option.

What I'd like is to display a song title, artist, etc, similar to what you'd get from AudioMetadata. I've tried formatting the description but can't seem to get newlines to work.

Is it possible to get the result I need and, if so, how? I have to admit that I'm more than a little confused by the docs. If it's there and I'm just missing it, a pointer would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
greubel
Visitor

Re: Audio Spring Board Display Options

There is a trick to new lines - "abcdef"+Chr(10)+"12345"
0 Kudos
superchicken
Visitor

That's an awesome trick. Thank you.

I've also been playing around with drawing my own player with roImageCanvas, and it doesn't look bad. I'd like to approximate the look of the roSpringBoard just to keep things uniform though. Being completely lazy here: is there a cheat sheet of page layouts somewhere? Is there someplace to see the coordinates of the standard pages?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't think there's a list of coordinates, but you should be able to figure them out from the templates:
http://wwwimg.roku.com/static/sdk/RokuS ... mplate.zip

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you take a screenshot with your app running - you can pin it down to exact coordinates in any graphics program.
0 Kudos