Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolveLLC
Visitor

Asynchronous operation in progress error

I'm seeing this in my logs after updating to 7.1.

I can't find any mention of the specific error in the documentation.

BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: roUrlTransfer.SetUrl: Asynchronous operation in progress: pkg:/source/VAST_VideoScreen.brs(220)

It logs when sending a GET to VAST trackers.

Is this blocking the roUrlTransfer that it is erroring on?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
dreamer2057
Channel Surfer

Re: Asynchronous operation in progress error

I have the same issue!
Roku, please, write something about our troubles...

Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Mystery solved... i think. See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=95138 for details.

Apparently roUrlTransfer are not re-entrant in regards to Async calls - at least you cannot have two calls concurrently on the same object. Since i see people started complaining only recently from these diagnostics, i presume they were added in v7.1. These are warnings btw (non-fatal).

I have no idea what the specific behavior is though, i.e. does the old request get ignored or the new one - but seems pretty clear it won't be both finishing successfully. So use a different roUrlTransfer. But keep references to both objects because if you drop one, so does the async call on it vanish :evil:
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Once you've started an async operation (AsyncGet*/AsyncPost*) on a roUrlTransfer object, that object is busy until the operation completes.

If you call any function (well, most any function used for configuration or starting an operation, that is) on the roUrlTransfer while it is busy, that function call is a no-op and the diagnostic message is printed.
0 Kudos