Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdwillie76
Visitor

Anyone have a webapp template for a basic Roku channel

I am a newbie trying to write a basic Roku channel for some videos on http://confreaks.net. I was able to take the videoplayer demo example and serve up the videos. RIght now I am doing it with hard coded XML files but looking to write a basic Ruby on Rails app to serve up the channel. It is a simple channel that has a list of conferences and then the sessions for each conference.

Short story long, has anyone created a template webapp to serve up a similar channel? Don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't need to.

Has anyone developed something and made it available? Even if it isn't rails that would be ok.

Thanks!
Chris
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Anyone have a webapp template for a basic Roku channel

You may want to contact them, if you haven't already, and see if they have any sort of API you can hook into. Ideally, in a situation where the content is already available online, you probably just want to hook into their API directly from the channel. No need to redevelop everything they've done from scratch (hopefully).
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
cdwillie76
Visitor

Re: Anyone have a webapp template for a basic Roku channel

I have been in email contact with them. My thought is to do it in a more manual fashion and then switch over to their RSS feeds once they are working (and if they have the correct information). I will hack on something simple and will post it here if I get something working.
0 Kudos