Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enter0
Visitor

Anyone have a HDMI stick 3500X or a Roku TV 5303X?

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm having an ongoing problem where Roku's certification team is reporting my app crashing on one or both of these devices (depending on the particular email, they sometimes mention one or the other and sometimes mention both). Neither I nor a Roku engineer whom the Roku Partner Success team asked about the issue were able to reproduce this problem (I used a 3500X that I bought off Craigslist specifically for this purpose, and I'm not sure what device the Roku engineer used exactly).

Does anyone have either an HDMI stick 3500X or a Roku TV 5303X who'd be willing to run my app and see if it crashes upon trying to select content? I have no clue how to try and track down this bug if I can't reproduce it myself, and they won't approve the app until it no longer crashes on those devices, so I'm in a bit of a quandary here.

If anyone else has advice on what to do here, besides trying to find a device on which I can actually reproduce the bug—or if you have any idea why it would crash on only some instances of the same hardware model—I'd appreciate that. I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure this out, and I'm afraid that I'm going to be forced to drop the several hundred dollars on a 5303X TV only to discover that, as with the 3500X, I can't reproduce it even then.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Anyone have a HDMI stick 3500X or a Roku TV 5303X?

I wish i had better advice than "buy refurbished" but I don't. 
It's crashing when you select content, so does the code normally handle not getting content OK?
Last resort - Maybe re-write that part in a different way that also works, even if not the best way. 
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos