Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

An icon for BrightScript language

For those who use Atom to develop in BrighScript and also uses the "file-icons" package must have noticed that our beloved language does not have an icon to represent .brs files, it does uses the generic <> script icon that actually does not represent B/S one our language does not use these symbols on its syntax. Below the list of supported icons.

For the designers on our forum or even from Roku Inc can we have an (un)official icon for the language?

The link below has the package git repository with the currently supported file types:
https://github.com/DanBrooker/file-icons
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: An icon for BrightScript language

a big "B/S" icon perhaps?
(i'd like to point out i am always so careful not to abbreviate as BS or B.S.  😄 )
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

A BrightScript icon sounds like a great idea. Perhaps something that looks like a TV or a remote control. I have no graphic design talent, however. Maybe someone more talented, like squirreltown, could come up with something -- although it would probably look like a squirrel!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:
A BrightScript icon sounds like a great idea. Perhaps something that looks like a TV or a remote control. I have no graphic design talent, however. Maybe someone more talented, like squirreltown, could come up with something -- although it would probably look like a squirrel!

How about a purple cross to the shape of Roku remote's d-pad?

PS. The squirrel can go as the center button.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Ha! The squirrel would be an extra charge - I'd have to get one to sign a waiver.

Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

That looks nice!
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"Komag" wrote:
That looks nice!

Thanks, @EnTerr's idea is a good one i think.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Looks good. It might be better with just the remote pad, without the "B/S" at the bottom though, as the icon is going to be very small on the Atom explorer pane, basically just a font character.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

The "remote control plus" idea is good, but we need to have a simpler version, see below the icons from other languages and file types currently used:
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Yes, I agree. If someone wants to use it I'm happy to make whatever sizes are required, but you always start with the biggest 4-color version you might need, because you never know.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos