Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swstbrk

Aligning solar panels

2 questions.

1. My roku TV is doing channel updates and one says aligning solar panels. Should this be, I have no such app nor do I have solar panels. What does this mean?

2. Another says tuning hyperdrive. What does this mean?

swstbrk

4 REPLIES 4
RobMich
Channel Surfer

Re: Aligning solar panels

These are "joke" messages that the developers added to entertain you while the system updates.  They are meaningless and you can just ignore them.  You'll likely see more of them with each update.  Here is a list of some others:

https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=19/03/29/2232242

MilesT
Roku Guru

Is there a list of what is happening behind the scenes when the "funny" messages are being shown?

Does each message link to an action or is it just a funny text version of a progress bar?

I think I have seen all the ones mentioned on soylent link:

Aligning Solar Panels
Boosting entertainment channels
Engaging warp drive
Hamster wheel engaged
Installing solar panels
Maximizing Fun Factor
Opening the gateway
Opening Stream Gates
Releasing the stream
Supercharging your system
Tuning Hyperdrive

Not a Roku employee
EH14

My TV is been showing all I need solar panels and it’s still on number one of updating channels to 84 channels and it won’t move and how long does it last. My TV is in my bedroom and I cannot watch it.

0 Kudos
Neil4
Reel Rookie

Personally, I would like to know exactly what my TV is updating. I don't think people typically manually run updates unless they are actually trying to fix an issue with an app. So it would be nice to know if that's what it's doing.

0 Kudos