Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigE
Reel Rookie

Add Users to AppleTV

Why am I not able to add users to Roku without them having to pay for it? I don't have a MAC, iPhone, or iPad.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
speechles
Roku Guru

Re: Add Users to AppleTV

It is Apple. Why are you posting this here? Perhaps ask them why. They develop their own Roku app. Perhaps ask them the very same question. They will likely say "because that is not an Apple device you need to prove you have an Apple device before we just let you eat for free".

They are a business. Roku is a small (very small) part of that business. Do not expect equal treatment. There will be bias. There will be prejudice. This is just business as usual. You either are the product or you pay for the product.

0 Kudos
BigE
Reel Rookie

Good morning to you too! I can't believe the audacity you have calling me out like that. I had tried to contact Apple and was told to contact Roku. There is absolutely no reason for your type of response. You don't know me! I'm not an idiot! As a matter of fact I am a Totally & Permanently Disable US Army Veteran. You haven't walked 1 step in my shoes! You need to check your attitude at the door!

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Apple isn't Roku. How on Earth can Roku do anything?

Your plight while it sounds awful is actually not relevant. Your pain level. Your intelligence. Etc were never in question. Please refrain from making this more than it is. Do not give details of your life. Nobody asked.

Apple wants you to own at least one Apple device to create your account on. In lack of such Apple makes the rules. Your beef is with Apple. Not me. Not Roku. Calm your jets. Thanks.  🙂

This is where you start.:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210740

I see no questions asked on that thread. That is likely where Apple would publically address them. They are not going to come to Roku forums to chase this issue. It is beneath them.

0 Kudos