Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

AU and NZ, Roku to follow Netflix?

With the news that Netflix are to enter the Australian and New Zealand markets this year, can we expect an announcement soon from Roku that their devices will be available in those countries soon?

It would be a welcome boost to developers to have their channels available in another two English speaking countries.

As well as providing new opportunities to cater to our Australian and New Zealander friends.
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: AU and NZ, Roku to follow Netflix?

All I can officially say at this point is we intend to expand sales into new European and Latin American countries this year.

- Joel
0 Kudos
steveintheukok
Roku Guru

I'm very much an advocate of you expanding into other markets so that is good to hear.

I hope the powers that be also expand your staffing levels to cope too, you do seem to be at that point where its necessary.

Roku has done an excellent job of carving out a space, it would be a shame to just stand around and let others race ahead and overtake.
0 Kudos

It's been 5 years now. Any sign of love for AU and NZ? @RokuJoel 

0 Kudos

New Zealand now has:

• Netflix
  • Amazon Prime Video
  • Apple TV
  • Disney+
  • plus a plethora of other local streaming services.

All that's needed is a solution to manage them all. Like... Roku.

0 Kudos