Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for Playing the asset on Installed application using ECP

Hi Team,

I am looking to automate the channels for one of our customer using External Control API, I was able to Fetch the App ID, Able to Launch and Navigate. However, in the ECP API documentation, we have noticed the Search from ROKU storefront API. Do we have any API to launch the Search and playback the asset using TMSID or unique asset on the Application which we installed on ROKU a. Could you please provide your feedback for this pls?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
DTV Team
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: API for Playing the asset on Installed application using ECP

You will likely get a better and faster response posting in the developers section of the forum. This section is for end users, and most developers are in the other one. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: API for Playing the asset on Installed application using ECP

"dtvtrialbeta1" wrote:
Hi Team,

I am looking to automate the channels for one of our customer using External Control API, I was able to Fetch the App ID, Able to Launch and Navigate. However, in the ECP API documentation, we have noticed the Search from ROKU storefront API. Do we have any API to launch the Search and playback the asset using TMSID or unique asset on the Application which we installed on ROKU a. Could you please provide your feedback for this pls?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
DTV Team

It sounds like you have found the documentation, so it's not clear to me what question you are asking.

It sounds like documentation relevant to your question may be found at:
Roku Search - Testing your channel for search
and
External Control API - search examples
0 Kudos