Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

2 problems when switching networks

Hello,

For testing I am using a wireless and wired network. I will sideload a channel over the wireless, then I switch the network settings on the Roku 4 device to wired.

After that, when I launch my channel the device will typically lock up and require a reboot. I've been experiencing this consistently for some time.

A new issue that arose today is that when I switched to the wired network (a proxied mac for monitoring and troubleshooting) the time returned by roDateTime is significantly off (currently about a day in the past) and is causing problems with time-based functions in the app.

EDIT: When trying to set the time automatically, it's not working. Are Roku's time servers down? I'm going make a separate post since this seems like a pretty serious issue, at least for our application.

Does anyone have any insight into either of these issues?
tyvmia
Joe
aspiring
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: 2 problems when switching networks

Roku (4) crashes after switching from wifi to wired (proxy) or vice versa.
Very consistent - 100% reproducible, steps:
1) switch from wired proxy to wifi
2) sideload the app - notice that debug interface cannot be connected.
3) when the app launches and attempts to make an API call, it freezes.
4) Home button leads to a blank black screen, only reboot can recover.
aspiring
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"joetesta" wrote:

Sounds as if the console is still listening the old connection that was open, on the now down eth0 inteface? Those services are singletons

(not saying crashing is okay 🙂 just maybe the road not taken)
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
"joetesta" wrote:

Sounds as if the console is still listening the old connection that was open, on the now down eth0 inteface? Those services are singletons

(not saying crashing is okay 🙂 just maybe the road not taken)

Yes it must be that. If I totally kill the debug and wait a few minutes before switching, then it usually doesn't crash. Just need to be more patient, or switch network less often. thanks
aspiring
0 Kudos